PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to tell me anything whatsoever...

peringaten
03-14-2007, 11:13 PM
about Axing Of Coffin?

My curiosity's definitely peaking on this one...

Linn1
03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I've been wondering about that as well. The stars are Kong Ban,Cheung Ching Ching, and Ma Kei. I've only seen a screen shot or two, but the title is unknown to me. I suspected it was a retitle of Duel With Devils, but they also have that film, and it's clearly a different movie.

peringaten
03-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Cheers Linn. Ok, those 3 were all in a Joseph Kuo flick Sorrowful To A Ghost right? I haven't seen that one, but I get a gist of what it's like; wonder if this bares any similarities...? That one despite the title is more straight wuxia than supernatural particulary I believe? Do we know who directed Axing even? I'm wondering if it has any ghostly elements to it; just the title and the screencap I've seen allude possibly and perhaps vaguely to such... I'm kind of hoping it does... Either way I'm curious.

Bruce Long
05-30-2007, 10:08 PM
The stars are Kong Ban, Cheung Ching Ching, and Ma Kei.
No, none of them are in it. The film isn't really a martial arts film; there are only two fight scenes. It's more of a ghost film, and very disappointing. Avoid it.

It's probably this film (http://app.atmovies.com.tw/star/star.cfm?action=cast&film_id=fWcmb3030302) in the Taiwan DB. The title is different, but the director and all stars are the same.

peringaten
05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Not too good, huh? Do we know what year it's from? Also, is it played serious, or campy silliness?

Bruce Long
05-31-2007, 12:55 AM
1970. Deadly serious, but Ko Hsiao Pao is there for a little comic relief.

Linn1
05-31-2007, 03:36 AM
No, none of them are in it. The film isn't really a martial arts film; there are only two fight scenes. It's more of a ghost film, and very disappointing. Avoid it.

they must have gave me the wrong pictures then. Now I wonder what that film was then!