Go Back   Kung Fu Cinema Forums > General > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #401
jrcma
Senior Member
 
jrcma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,425
Default

played JUNGLE HUNT(1982 arcade version on TAITO LEGENDS on PS2) then went on to FINAL FANTASY X-2 on PS2 then played 12 hours of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS on Wii.
__________________
I'm not really into Martial Art films anymore but I will remember my time here & at other MA film forums with a great fondness. For the most part a great community of people. When I had the enthusiasm & passion for the films, I had some truly great discussions with you guys. (When I had that passion I felt as though very few other things mattered.) It may sound weird & sad but here & other MA film forums I had some of the best times of my life. It was incredibly enjoyable coming here 2009-2013
jrcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #402
Mugen
Junior Member
 
Mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 40
Default

Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise got delayed

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/79...-fighting.html
Attached Thumbnails
Kung-Fu-Strike-opening.jpg  
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #403
bruceleewannabe
Member
 
bruceleewannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 149
Default

Getting ready to get a ps2 and get Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 and a few other games. I'm going to live stream my playthroughs of both Kingdom Hearts games. I'm excited.
__________________
PWNED


bruceleewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #404
TibetanWhiteCrane
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,707
Default

Dowloaded a shitstack of classics to my WII from WVC... Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Shinobi 3, Legend Of Mystical Ninja, Spinmaster, Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Karnov's Revenge, Alien Soldier, Mario 64...... my cuz and me been doing some serious retro gaming!
TibetanWhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #405
jrcma
Senior Member
 
jrcma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibetanWhiteCrane View Post
Dowloaded a shitstack of classics to my WII from WVC... Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Shinobi 3, Legend Of Mystical Ninja, Spinmaster, Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Karnov's Revenge, Alien Soldier, Mario 64...... my cuz and me been doing some serious retro gaming!
They are some great games. I've played STREETS OF RAGE but never FINAL FIGHT but I ordered it today which would you say is better? Also do you use the Wii Classic or GameCube controller?



I'm going to be playing retro's as well today I ordered all of these
hundreds of games for less than most brand new game.
__________________
I'm not really into Martial Art films anymore but I will remember my time here & at other MA film forums with a great fondness. For the most part a great community of people. When I had the enthusiasm & passion for the films, I had some truly great discussions with you guys. (When I had that passion I felt as though very few other things mattered.) It may sound weird & sad but here & other MA film forums I had some of the best times of my life. It was incredibly enjoyable coming here 2009-2013

Last edited by jrcma; 04-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.
jrcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #406
Yi-Long
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd say Streets of Rage is better than Final Fight, but just barely. SoR has a brilliant soundtrack.

Streets of Rage 2 is MUCH better than both though. Bigger sprites, better music, more colors, etc etc. I loved it back then. Not sure how I'd like it now though, which also has to do with the XBLA/PSN ports not being great.

Anyway, I bought Joe Danger last week for 600MSP on XBLA, which I'm enjoying. Also been playing Journey on PSN (brilliant experience and gorgeous visuals/sounds), and ofcourse the usual FIFA12 and Battlefield 3.

Installed and began with Fable 2 yesterday, but can't say it's wowing me so far. I hope it will improve.

Tried to get into Virtua Fighter 5 but it just feels clunky and 'old' somehow. Also hate the voice-acting for the english characters. Too OTT. I wanna love it but it's not happening.

2 weeks to go before Trials Evolution comes out on XBLA. That will probably be my game of the year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #407
TibetanWhiteCrane
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcma View Post
They are some great games. I've played STREETS OF RAGE but never FINAL FIGHT but I ordered it today which would you say is better? Also do you use the Wii Classic or GameCube controller?
I've always prefered the Final Fight series, mostly cuz I had a Snes (and still do) and never a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive! SOR has more characters and moves, but my nostalgia for FF trumphs it!

I use the Wii Classic controller, I like the button layout, reminds me of the Snes pad.

Just got SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL. 1 for the Wii in the mail today!

AWESOME!!!!! 16 classic SNK Neo Geo games on one disc!

FATAL FURY
ART OF FIGHTING
KING OF FIGHTERS '94
SAMURAI SHOWDOWN
WORLD HEROES
BURNING FIGHT
METAL SLUG
TOP HUNTER
SHOCK TROOPERS
NEO TURF MASTERS
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
BASEBALL STARS 2
MAGICIAN LORD
LAST RESORT
KING OF MONSTERS
SENGOKU

Im set for easter
TibetanWhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #408
jrcma
Senior Member
 
jrcma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi-Long View Post
I'd say Streets of Rage is better than Final Fight, but just barely. SoR has a brilliant soundtrack.
Streets of Rage 2 is MUCH better than both though. Bigger sprites, better music, more colors, etc etc. I loved it back then. Not sure how I'd like it now though, which also has to do with the XBLA/PSN ports not being great.
I'll probably still prefer SOR yeah I like the music by Yuzo Koshiro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibetanWhiteCrane View Post
I've always prefered the Final Fight series, mostly cuz I had a Snes (and still do) and never a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive! SOR has more characters and moves, but my nostalgia for FF trumphs it!
I see I'm more of Mega Drive fan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi-Long View Post
Tried to get into Virtua Fighter 5 but it just feels clunky and 'old' somehow. Also hate the voice-acting for the english characters. Too OTT. I wanna love it but it's not happening.
Personally I didn't really like VIRTUA FIGHTER at first but now I think its the best fighting game. For me it looked simple at first but later I realised it was much deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibetanWhiteCrane View Post
Just got SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL. 1 for the Wii in the mail today!

AWESOME!!!!! 16 classic SNK Neo Geo games on one disc!

Im set for easter
Yeah sounds good have fun
__________________
I'm not really into Martial Art films anymore but I will remember my time here & at other MA film forums with a great fondness. For the most part a great community of people. When I had the enthusiasm & passion for the films, I had some truly great discussions with you guys. (When I had that passion I felt as though very few other things mattered.) It may sound weird & sad but here & other MA film forums I had some of the best times of my life. It was incredibly enjoyable coming here 2009-2013
jrcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #409
DarthKato
Senior Member
 
DarthKato's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowloon View Post
KANE & LYNCH 2 DOGS DAY - located in shanghai
BLOODSTONE 007
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS - LOCATED in kowloon HK
AND I PRE-ORDERED
SLEEPING DOGS
I CAN'T WAIT


I can't either. It is going to be awsome!
__________________
Check out ShaOW!linDude's new novel, sure to be a best seller!
Just follow the link below:

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18673
DarthKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #410
Jibbajabbawocky
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19
Default

I've been playing Too Human a lot recently. It's... ok... not as good as it could be, but the RPGesque loot drop style makes it damn addictive.
Jibbajabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.