[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
blue_skies
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I just found out that this is new series is coming to the UK on the 6th July on Channel 5 or Channel 5 USA (sorry I wasn't paying attention). Has anybody seen it? Is it any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c82SGr1GZo

starts tonight NOT the 6th
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
Karlos

Season 2 of Steven Seagal: Lawman starts on 5USA tonight at 10:00pm – looks like they’re being shown in double bills.

True Justice starts this Wednesday on 5USA at 9:00pm.
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
blue_skies
Master

Did anyone watch this?

I did and all I can say is Seagal should stick to movies. Apparently he wrote the first episode which clearly isn't his strong suit. There's some really awful dialogue that just made me cringe. And the idea that you bring your informant with you to the bad guy so they know it's him who's talking. That was just too much for me to bare. Maybe others have a higher tolerance but that really sucked balls and I didn't even finish the episode.

Last edited by blue_skies; 07-08-2011 at 04:15 PM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
Karlos

It was just OK-ish and I'm sad to say that, as a Seagal fan.

The supporting cast were pretty terrible and the story was the most cliched load of old rubbish but Seagal himself is always worth a watch.

The strip club with almost fully clothed strippers made me laugh!

You could almost tick off the Seagal-isms as they popped up:
  • Being referred to as a sensei - tick
  • Having the young women in the show fall for him - tick
  • Dishing out great vengeance and not taking any hits himself - tick
But damn it, that's why we love him!!

Last edited by Karlos; 07-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
Markgway

It's no great shakes... but it's still slicker and more competant than 99% of his DTV movies.

Until Out for Justice 2 - Ponytail's Revenge comes along it's better than nothing.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
blue_skies
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
It's no great shakes... but it's still slicker and more competant than 99% of his DTV movies.

Until Out for Justice 2 - Ponytail's Revenge comes along it's better than nothing.
I don't know if it's better than nothing. If he stopped making movies investors might take a chance on some young up-and-coming talent, give them a break. The likes of Steven Seagal, Van Damme, Jackie Chan etc are just trading on their names putting out inferior rubbish. I'm tired of watching these shadows of their former selves. They take away opportunities for young exciting stars of tomorrow that are hungry to become the next big thing but can't get the funding. Also it can't help encourage people into watching more martial arts movies, with bland, seen that, done that mediocrity. When a Scott Adkins film struggles for investment to make Undisputed 4 and has to play second fiddle to an over the hill Van Damme something is wrong
Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
ShaOW!linDude
Master

Bumping this because I just came across the premiere ep of this last Friday.

It's airing Friday nights 9 pm Eastern (8 pm Central) time on the cable channel Reelz.

The original air date on the eps is for July of 2011 but I never was able to find it anywhere at the time.

Anyway, for those interested, this is where I came across it and I've already scanned ahead and it is showing this Friday.

It wasn't too bad. We'll see how it plays out. There's some good action as far as shootouts go. The MA was meh but that was due to the editing and it being shot entirely too close up.

One odd thing that made me laugh: Initially I thought this was set in Louisiana because Seagal has a run in with some Cajuns and there's discussion about backwoods and sloops and such. But he's heading a department in the Seattle police force which makes sense because some of the buildings that were shown as landmarks in the city scenes didn't jibe. So....Washington state has Cajuns? Who knew? Not me.

Anyhow, just thought I'd clue any interested parties in.
ShaOW!linDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
ShaOW!linDude
Master

Okay, I watched the 2nd ep of this. I am not finding this enjoyable.

Everybody, I mean everybody, is trying to come off as so tough and hard, it leaves me totally apathetic. It's overkill.

Seagal's 2 fight scenes are shot so incompetently I want to scream. Either the camera placement is all wrong or it's blocked by his girth. Apparently both.

If this had been on the air 10 yrs. ago with WALKER, TEXAS RANGER & MARTIAL LAW, maybe I could've tolerated it more. Maybe it's just this ep.

The dialogue did have a few gems though:

(Another cop comes to Seagal's office to bring him a file. Seagal notices the guy's in a bad way and comments on it. The guy admits he signed the papers initiating his 2nd divorce that morning.)

Cop: I hate it for the kids. How am I going to pay all that child support? (Or something to that effect.)

Seagal: It's not all dark days. 3 of them are mine.

While kind of funny, would you say that to a coworker going through such? Especially one who comes to work with a gun strapped to his side? Come on.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
blue_skies
Master

Wow SD you made it all the way through two episodes!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
ShaOW!linDude
Master

Hah! Yeah. I've got a 3rd ep on the dvr....but I just can't bring myself to sit through it.....yet.