Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
AlbertV
Master

Default Iron Man 3 (2013)

It is official, IRON MAN 3 is set for a May 3, 2013 release date. Marvel made the announcement the other day.

The other big news is that Paramount WILL NOT be releasing the film, but rather Marvel Entertainment's new owners, Walt Disney Pictures. Walt Disney Pictures will also be releasing THE AVENGERS.

However, Paramount will still release 2011's Marvel flicks THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
ShaOW!linDude
Master

Okay, I'm kind of bummed out by this news.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...or-jon-favreau

Favreau did such a great job with the first 2 films. Hope they find someone good to fill his iron-plated boots.
ShaOW!linDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
AlbertV
Master

Dark Horizons has revealed that LETHAL WEAPON scribe Shane Black is in contention (not locked) to write and direct IRON MAN 3. Apparently, he impressed the Marvel bigwigs with his ideas for the film.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
AlbertV
Master

Major IRON MAN 3 updates:

Shane Black, who will be directing, has written the script based on the "Extremists" Iron Man mini-series. So there will be no Mandarin, but rather a modern villain who uses nano-technology to battle Iron Man.

Ben Kingsley has been cast as the villain of the film.

Guy Pearce and Jessica Chastain are in final negotiations to play Kingsley's ally and a scientist who matches wits with Tony Stark respectively.

The big news comes today from Dark Horizons that Hong Kong actor Andy Lau may make his long-awaited Hollywood debut as a Chinese scientist who helps Tony Stark in the battle against Kingsley and Pearce.

Shooting begins next month in North Carolina, followed by shooting in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and other parts of China.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
Markgway

I liked Iron Man more than I expected, and the sequel wasn't bad either. Andy Lau? That's interesting. And as a fan of Shane Black I'm more excited than usual about this.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
razorclam

Default Re: Iron Man

Everything sounds good, but I wish Iron Man had a better rogues gallery. He has the worst villains. It sounds like they created new ones.
razorclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
AlbertV
Master

Here's the latest:

Andy Lau had to step down from IRON MAN 3 with good reason: He just became a 1st-time dad and wants to spend time with his newborn daughter.

Ben Kingsley is indeed playing longtime Iron Man nemesis The Mandarin, who allies himself with Killian (Guy Pearce), a scientist who creates the Extremis virus, a nanotechnological weapon.

The plot is taken from the EXTREMIS story arc back from 2005-2006 in the comic books.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Godfrey Ho worshipper

Looks interesting. Wasn't too thrilled with the first 2 films but I love the comic.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
inframan

New trailer is out. Lots of nerdy speculation about Iron Patriot, suits with AI, suits exploding, Mandarin, etc. Should be good.

edit: heres the LINK

Last edited by inframan; 10-25-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added link
inframan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
Godfrey Ho worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inframan View Post
New trailer is out. Lots of nerdy speculation about Iron Patriot, suits with AI, suits exploding, Mandarin, etc. Should be good.
Saw it, looks nice but: the main villain is a terrorist who thinks highly of himself, the superhero is defeated (if not broken) and we see his mask ripped... I have only one question which goes as follow: does this sound FAMILIAR ?

Oh yeah, right:

Beside this, the movie seems much darker and more interesting than the first 2. How many villains is there to be BTW ? Seems like there'll be a lot of them.