Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 05-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Jackie Fhan

Default My story and selling of items Please Read Old Friends

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1298wt_1037

I will let anyone read that, if you hate it or understand. It is all ok to me. I have other items for sale too, but I hope an old friend here can read my story and atleast shoot me a message.

if you think its terrible then just tell me that too, I try my best to be honest and that is simply all I do in this auction. thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

I am going for my dreams, I love china films and the look of china, I hope you guys can help me get there.
Jackie Fhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Reel Power Stunts

Sometimes the worst thing people can do in life is sit tight. Years later they ask "What if I had....?"

Good on you for giving living in a different country a go, and for chasing dreams. Be prepared that some people will discourage or just mock you - that's probably because they wish they had what it takes to do what you are doing.

Best of Luck!
Reel Power Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
fiol

dude welcome to china!
i made the same choice as you, 1 year something ago i left and came here (ok, for a girl heheh) and since that day i ve never regret my choice :)
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
Asmo

Thanks for posting that.
Good on you for following your dreams. You're doing what I'm sure a lot of people wish they could do.
Best of luck to you on your journey.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
The Silver Fox

Just a thought,China is always looking for ESL teachers-that might be a practical way to get there and a way to support yourself while there.If you have a couple of years of college you could probably get a teaching gig.I think you can even take a course or something to get qualified if you don't have any post secondary schooling.. I don't mean to be critical but you need to think beyond just going to China-you have to be able to do something productive to make a living. Good luck and God Bless / Silver Fox
The Silver Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
monkeygift

Like Silver Fox mentioned, just get yourself a job as an ESL teacher in China. You'll be able to make about 1000$ (u.s.) a month which is more than enough in China.

Here, I'll make it easier for you, just apply online via this website:

www.eslcafe.com
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
OpiumKungFuCracker
Master

I'm going....
OpiumKungFuCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
Jackie Fhan

Thank you guys for the kind words. I have been so busy with a lot of things that I haven't even stopped in to check and see. I also thought I'd get a few people to poke fun at me but I should have known better as this place has always been very high class.

I have wanted to go to china for two years or longer, not even sure now.

You are going opium??? That sounds great.

I'd like to talk with you if you want me to call you or something.

I am currently trying to talk to a friend about a work visa so the stay is easier as well.

I am still just trying to get my things ready to go there. I have had a issue with the bank about my plane ticket and trying to get that fixed.

I am going to be meeting a girl in china as well and that along is scary enough. I only hope she helps me as I feel she will. If not, then I will just move along from that

I have a couple of years of college here but I don't feel it goes toward anything I need. I would love to teach in China so I will have to see how that goes.

I do not like the aspects of the travel visa so I do hope I find a way to get that changed when I can.

If I have any other questions I will be sure to poke around here and see what I think of as the time comes. And if some of you did read everything I said, thank you. I feel like the world I am in now... no one listens or cares. Every time I am around my sister or dad at times I just wish I was gone. I hate for it to be that way, I hate for my feelings to be this. They are who they are, and I don't leave because of them, I just leave to try to find something I do enjoy.
Jackie Fhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
pratty

My advice would be to read the hell out of as many expat-in-China forums as you can find, maybe even join one or two. You might find a lot of useful information and experiences, as well as possibly make new friends.

Good luck.
pratty is offline   Reply With Quote