You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
Koyuki

From traveling to the UK, a couple of things I have learned is that the cheapest way to access money is through an ATM, that way you get the bank-level conversion rates and fees, not the marked-up currency exchange booth rates. If you've got a daily limit, know what that is, and the current exchange rate, so you don't get denied just from asking too much foreign money for your dollar limit. Also, credit card transactions might be charged a conversion fee *per transaction*, and that can add up. Check your card's policies.

I've got a pouch that goes around my neck, under my shirt, for my passport and reserve cash. To steal it, someone would have to knock me completely down, rather than just pick my pocket.

When you come home, your local bank will probably be willing to take paper money and convert it back to dollars, but my bank refused to change any coins.

Some of the larger airports now have passport scanners tied into the ticketing computers, last time I went through Gatwick (London), the clerk just swiped the passport bar code, and the machine almost instantly spat out my boarding passes. They know who you are, where you're going, and they'll also know if you've got return plans (or not). Just saying.
Koyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
Jackie Fhan

I see, is it best to get my boarding pass online and printed or should I get it at the airport?

I got my limit raised on my card for the atm though
Jackie Fhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
The Silver Fox

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1089.html

This site might prove helpful, it is the US State Dept site regarding China. Lots of info on what you'll need as far as passports/visa etc.
The Silver Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
OpiumKungFuCracker
Master

Make sure you don't run into these guys, they mean trouble!!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
Kwok Choi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Fhan View Post
I have one important question. I have bought my plane ticket and it is one way.

The only issue is someone has told me without a two way ticket they will send me home. Does anyone know about this? I have put a lot of work into this trip and I had planned to buy me a ticket home when I was ready to come home. I need some help to this... anyone have any idea before I have to go through a lot of work again...

From what I am reading online, I won't need a round trip ticket... but I would still like to talk with somoene here that truly knows. Thanks guys, I am super nervous!
Added to that if it hasn't been mentioned,there is zero tolerance for drugs so be very careful with this and other very sensitive issues
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
Jackie Fhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwok Choi View Post
Added to that if it hasn't been mentioned,there is zero tolerance for drugs so be very careful with this and other very sensitive issues
What do you mean by drugs? I have never did any illegal drugs or drugs for fun in my life. And I have never drank alcohol as well. I'm not too worried about these issues. I do not take much over the counter medicine either.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #17
DarthKato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Fhan View Post
What do you mean by drugs? I have never did any illegal drugs or drugs for fun in my life. And I have never drank alcohol as well. I'm not too worried about these issues. I do not take much over the counter medicine either.
I think what he meant was that they may have issues with people taking in subscription/over the counter drugs as well as the illegal stuff into the country. since you don't over the counter, it is nothing to worry about. If you had though, it may have been an unexspected issue you may not have known about and could have caused you a lot of grief.

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18673
DarthKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
Jackie Fhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKato View Post
I think what he meant was that they may have issues with people taking in subscription/over the counter drugs as well as the illegal stuff into the country. since you don't over the counter, it is nothing to worry about. If you had though, it may have been an unexspected issue you may not have known about and could have caused you a lot of grief.
I'm not sure why they would have issues with that though, a lot of people take medicine for a wide variety of reasons and the must take it to china as well
Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Jackie Fhan I hope you can make it to Wudang Temple and there see Master Zhong Yun Long. Master Long is the head martial arts teacher at Wudang Temple.

If you are planing to go to Wudang Temple please PM me as I have something to give Master Long that I can send you through email. Let me know please.

When are you leaving?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #20
Jackie Fhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG View Post
Jackie Fhan I hope you can make it to Wudang Temple and there see Master Zhong Yun Long. Master Long is the head martial arts teacher at Wudang Temple.

If you are planing to go to Wudang Temple please PM me as I have something to give Master Long that I can send you through email. Let me know please.

When are you leaving?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y
are you serious?Iguess I could try. send me a pm and tell me your phone number. I cant promise anything but I need to know the city etc I am going near first of june