Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 07-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
DiP
Master

Default Assassin Couple

It's reportedly a Hong Kong remake of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Donnie and Cecilia Cheung have been approached and offered to play Pitt and Jolie's part respectively. Nothing officially confirmed yet.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...mentid=5097614

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...143785/1/.html

Last edited by DiP; 08-04-2011 at 12:00 AM.
DiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
AndyWayne84

Best news i have heard all day.
AndyWayne84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
ShaOW!linDude
Master

What!?! A HK production of a US film?

I think this is a good one to do. Not really sold on Cecilia Cheung though. Now if they were to get Zhang Ziyi to costar alongside Donnie.............
ShaOW!linDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
AndyWayne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaOW!linDude View Post
What!?! A HK production of a US film?

I think this is a good one to do. Not really sold on Cecilia Cheung though. Now if they were to get Zhang Ziyi to costar alongside Donnie.............
That would be a dream come true. I always imagined the Yenster being paired up with Zhang Ziyi in flim for years now and i can't believe nobody hasn't done this yet.
AndyWayne84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
blue_skies
Master

I love a cute piece of Asian Ass as much as the rest of you but I learned years ago that top totty doesn't make it an entertaining movie. I'd be a lot more excited by the idea of Luxia Jiangor some future martial arts talent with beauty, but then the glory days of Hong Kong are so far in our back mirrors some of us would rather have a pretty face on lots of wire inspired martial arts sequences Than the real deal.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
DiP
Master

I honestly find this distasteful. I've been longing to see him return to modern action movies as much as everyone else but remake of Mr. & Mrs. Smith? That's too low for him. Hope this won't go through. Sappy action movies ain't his style. The best would be to go back to the gritty/realistic action genre and find new twists.
DiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
ShaOW!linDude
Master

@ DiP ---- I dig what you're saying. I don't know that they'll try to bring the same comedic aspect to the film that the US version has. Of course, they might.....but I kind of doubt it.

@ b_s --- I dig what you're saying, too. Truthfully, it seems there hasn't really been a good Chinese female action star since Michelle Yeoh. Her action films are few but they're really good. I'd love her to be in this opposite DY but I fear she's a bit past her prime. (I'm not familiar with Luxia Jiang.) I like ZZ 'cause she's beautiful and she understands fight choreography and can sell it on camera....better than most, anyway.
ShaOW!linDude is offline   Reply With Quote