|07-04-2005, 02:02 PM||#1|
The Greatest Old Skool Kung Fu Movies Of ALL Time!
Here is a list of the Ninjas ALL time FAV Old Skool Kung Fu movies, that every die hearted Kung Fu movie fan has to have in his collection! (please note... only titles with scores of 8/10 or higher are must haves and Shaw Bros titles are excluded from my list).
MUST HAVES - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
Those that I think deserve 9/10 or higher are:
1. Snake In The Eagles Shadow The Greatest Old Skool Kung Fu Movie Ever Made! A TRUE Classic. Hwang Jang Lee plays Sheng Kuan, Grand Master of the Eagles Claw Clan. Yuen Siu Tin plays the role of Pei Cheng Tien, the Snake Fist Master who teaches J. Chan the classic Snake Fist style! - 9.5/10
2. Drunken Master â€“ Sam Seed teaches Wong Fei Hung (J. Chan) the Drunken Fist! - 9/10
3. Snake In The Monkeys Shadow â€“ A Must Have Kung Fu CLASSIC! Monkey Style vs Snake Fist vs Drunken Fist. Starring Pomson Shi as the Monkey Fist Master. And Wilson Tong & Charlie Chan as the Twin Snake Fist Masters!! - 9/10
4. Warriors Two â€“ Probably the Greatest Wing Chun movie ever made! - 9/10
5. Prodigal Son â€“ Classic movie with crisp fight chorography! Starring Yuen Biao & Sammo Hung. - 9/10
6. Knockabout â€“ An ALLTIME classic with Sammo Hung, Leung Kar Yan & Yuen Biao, who showcases his energetic kicks! Classic Two vs One end fight! - 9/10
7. Ninja In The Dragons Den â€“ The Coolest Ninja movie ever made! - 9/10
8. Legend Of A Fighter â€“ Leung Kar Yan classic!! â€“ 9/10
9. The Young Master â€“ Classic movie starring Jackie Chan. Wang Ing Shik plays the villain with the deadly kicks!! 9/10
10. The Secret Rivals II â€“ 8.5/10 â€“ The BADDEST boot flick ever made!!
MUST HAVES - RECOMMENDED!
Those that I think deserve 8/10 or higher are:
1. The Secret Rivals â€“ 8.5/10 â€“ Extra half point for an AWESOME end fight!
2. Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu â€“ 8/10 â€“ Classic shapes movie!!
3. Mystery Of Chess Boxing â€“ Mark Long in his best ever role, as the notorious Ghost Face Killer! - 8/10
4. Crystal Fist â€“ Classic movie starring Billy Chong and Yuen Siu Tin. 8/10
5. The Victim â€“ 8.5/10 - Extra half point for a truly killer end fight!
6. 7 Grandmasters â€“ 8/10
7. Dance Of The Drunken Mantis â€“ Rubber Legs (Hwang Jang Lee) vs Sam Seed (Yuen Siu Tin)! - 8/10
8. Snuff Bottle Connection â€“ 8/10
9. Invincible Armour â€“ Hwang Jang Lee & John Liu classic! Also starring Phillip Ko as a White Fox! 8/10
10. The Hot The Cool & The Vicious - 8/10 â€“ Watch out for the ultimate looking villain, The Living Pluto!
11. Hellz Windstaff - 8/10
12. Snake Deadly Act
13. Magnificant Butcher - 8/10
14. Spooky Encounters - 8/10
15. The Odd Couple - 8.5/10 - Extra point for AWESOME weapons action!
16. The Loot - 8/10 â€“ Classic Shapes Fest!!!!
17. The Challenger - 8/10
18. Two On The Road - 8/10 - KILLER end fight!!
19. Rebellious Reign - 8/10 â€“ AWESOME ballistic end fight sequence!!
20. The Master Strikes 8/10 â€“ The ballistic end fight scene is what puts this movie into the MUST HAVE category! Yen Shi Kwan is dangerous!!
21. Bloody Treasury Fight 8/10 â€“ Classic movie all the way!!
GOOD OLD SKOOL FLIX:
Those that are in the 7/10 league are:
1. Daggers 8 â€“ 7/10
2. The Leg Fighters â€“ 7/10
3. Crazy Horse Intelligent Monkey - 7/10
4. Flashlegs 7/10
5. The Dragon The Here â€“ 7/10 â€“ Good movie, just beware of the Dog Man!
AVERAGE KUNG FU FLIX:
1. 36 Deadly Styles - 5/10
2. World Of Drunken Master - 5/10
3. Iron Monkey â€“ Chen Kwan Tai â€“ 6/10
4. The Traitorous â€“ 6/10
5. 18 Bronzemen â€“ 6/10
6. Mars Villa - 5/10
7. Death Dual Of Kung Fu - 6.5/10 - Extra half point for a classic end fight.
8. The Green Jade Statuette â€“ 6/10
POOR KUNG FU MO
1. Dragons Claw
2. Monkey Kung Fu
3. Death Dual Of Mantis
4. The Master With Cracked Fingers
THE WORST EVER KUNG FU FLIX!
The WORST Kung Fu flick of ALL time goes too:
1. Invincible Kung Fu Trio â€“ If you ever see this title at a store â€“ RUN as fast as you can in the opposite direction! An save yourself!
2. Ninja vs Ninja - This one is so bad that they had to take footage from four different movies to make one film, there's almost no fighting in it, and they use music from 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' and 'Blade Runner' in it. Truly a monstrosity to behold... in fact, I have to go as far as to say it's the worst film i've ever seen... even more so than 'Manos: The Hands Of Fate' or 'Soul Of Chiba.' (Clan Member: DrunkenCrane082)
Can anyone think of any other titles that deserve to be in the above three categories of 9/10, 8/10 and 7/10?
Like I said, all titles with ratings of 8/10 or higher are the must haves in your collection!
|07-04-2005, 04:57 PM||#2|
However I found the following titles rather dull, and boring fight scenes. Definetly not worthy of the best of all time.
Iron Monkey (great costumes, boring fights)
Crystal Fist (a poor mans Drunken Master)
The Traitorous (yeah was ok)
Daggers 8 (over rated, good but not the best)
|07-04-2005, 05:24 PM||#3|
Re: Good list
To clarify to me fellow clan members, only titles with scores of 8/10 and higher are classed amongst the greatest old skool movies of all time.
Anything below 8/10 are only above average kung fu flix in my opinion. I agree with fellow clan member Vlade to some extent, but to list Crystal Fist amongst 7/10 titles is just disrespectful!
Your lucky my sidekick Fatty Karate doesnt read this forum, or else he would have come looking for you to give you a taste of his Fried Chicken Fist technique, for making a comment like that!
But ALL titles of 8/10 and above are simply must haves!
|07-04-2005, 07:14 PM||#4|
Re: The Greatest Old Skool Kung Fu Movies Of ALL Time!!
I take it this is a list of non-Shaw Brothers flicks? What about a Bruce Lee movie? I think Shaolin Vs Lama should be in the top 10.
|07-04-2005, 07:31 PM||#5|
FAV. OLD SCHOOL MOVIES
Leg Fighters- Overrated- bad comedy
OTHER TOP OLD SCHOOL MOVIES:
THE EAGLE FIST
BLOODED TREASURY FIGHT
CHALLENGE OF DEATH
HOT,COOL AND THE VICIOUS
FATAL NEEDLES VS. FATAL FISTS
THE CRANE FIGHTER
|07-04-2005, 09:05 PM||#6|
Re: The Greatest Old Skool Kung Fu Movies Of ALL Time!!
I would add;
Snake Deadly Act 8/10
Along Came a Tiger 8/10
Iron Swallow 8/10
Showdown at the Cottonmill 8/10
Shaolin Invincible Sticks 7/10
Challenge of Death 7/10
Mars Villa 7/10
Iron Monkey (Chen Kuan Tai) 8/10
The World of The Drunken Master 7/10
36 Deadly Styles 7/10
Fearless Young Boxer 6/10
Crazy Horse Intelligent Monkey 7/10
Hero Tattoo and Nine Dragons 8/10 has sentimental value. 1st kung fu flick...
Magnificent Butcher 8/10
Iron Fisted Monk 8/10
Hero From Shanghai 8/10
The Marvelous Stunts of Kung Fu 7/10
Master Killers 8/10
|07-04-2005, 09:26 PM||#7|
A few more
Snuff Bottle Connection
Shaolin vs Lama
Legend of a Fighter
Snake in Eagles Shadow
Hitman in the Hand of Buddha
|07-04-2005, 11:07 PM||#8|
Re: A few more
executioner from shaolin/// heroes of shaolin(the wild)
crystal fist aka jade claw(i must be poor)
shaolin deadly kicks
hells wind staff
shaolin invinciable sticks
shaolin v lama
3 evil masters
5 super fighters
kung fu instructor
heroes w/ti lung
snake deadly act
snake in the egales shadow & monkeys shadow
leg fighters (good movie)
|07-04-2005, 11:29 PM||#10|
Re: A few more
descendants of wing chun
fatal needles fadal fists
stroke of death
well ive got 6 new shaws to watch roving swordsman,
lady assassin ect ,good night