You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #231
66 Mantis

Definately the Play Girl series! I have some unsubbed episodes of it and it's great stuff.

As far as T.V. series go, I think Key Hunter would be great as would Sukeban Deka 2 (I've had a High School sized crush on Yoko Minamino since I first saw her in the movie back in 1990).

There's a little known cult film that Patrick Macias wrote about called Kurutta Yaju (Crazed Beast). I picked up the Japanese unsubbed dvd a while back (when I had cash) and it is INCREDIBLE. Here's the poster:

and a review I had written about it some months ago:
http://farreachingfilms.blogspot.com...zed-beast.html
Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #232
Takuma

I thought Crazed Beast was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in ages. I'd be glad to sell my dvd

I'll translate my review some day when I have time.

Fukasaku's Violent Panic: The Big Crash on the other hand is jaw dropping.
Takuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #233
66 Mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
I thought Crazed Beast was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in ages. I'd be glad to sell my dvd

I'll translate my review some day when I have time.

Fukasaku's Violent Panic: The Big Crash on the other hand is jaw dropping.
Haven't caught up to VP:BC yet, so I can't say. Surprised you didn't like Crazed Beast. I found it to be every bit as jaw dropping as you say the Fukasaku film is. Ah well, to each his own.

Last edited by 66 Mantis; 09-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.
66 Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #234
odioustrident

Has anyone started working on subs for Za Karate 2 & 3 yet? If no one wants to claim it I'm going to have a guy do the translation with the hope of getting them timed at some point in the future. These films have too wide an appeal across the kung fanbase to have them remain unsubbed in 2011....

Of course those apparently glass tv rips would be nice to have too!
odioustrident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #235
Karlos

Haz talked about subbing Za Karate 2 & 3 but that was over a year ago and since then, nothing.

I don't remember who said they had the newer Satellite TV rips - these, and the Chiba/Miao film, seem to have gone AWOL on here.
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #236
Gaijin84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
I don't remember who said they had the newer Satellite TV rips - these, and the Chiba/Miao film, seem to have gone AWOL on here.
I still have a Satellite TV rip of Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok (the Chiba-Miao film) and would be willing to send anyone a copy if they want it. No subs of course. I did send a copy to mpm74 but he had issues getting it to play, not sure if it's due to the fact that it was originally taken off a Region 2 DVR in Japan? It plays on my Pioneer DV-400V DVD player that was modded to be region-free, but not on any other player that I can find, even my Momitsu region-free Blu-Ray or computers with region coding removal software. I'd also be willing to send the original to anyone that can make an honest effort to sub it.
Gaijin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #237
chanbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by odioustrident View Post
Has anyone started working on subs for Za Karate 2 & 3 yet? If no one wants to claim it I'm going to have a guy do the translation with the hope of getting them timed at some point in the future. These films have too wide an appeal across the kung fanbase to have them remain unsubbed in 2011....

Of course those apparently glass tv rips would be nice to have too!
HAZ was supposed to be doing these. I sent him copies of the TOEI channel DVD-R recordings I got last year, but haven't heard anything since then, so...?
chanbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #238
KUNG FU BOB
Master

Location: Outside of Philly, PA, within the underground Temple of the Dragon Monkey

THE KARATE 2 and THE KARATE 3 are now completed!

They were fully translated and are now custom subbed. The gent responsible is still looking for a few more contributors (just to get reimbursed for the translator's cost) for a projected release date of Feb 25th. You can PM me if you're interested in getting these.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #239
odioustrident

I hope more people contribute to this cause. It's really a summation of the custom fanfare from the last few years for me .
odioustrident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #240
KUNG FU BOB
Master

Location: Outside of Philly, PA, within the underground Temple of the Dragon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by odioustrident View Post
I hope more people contribute to this cause. It's really a summation of the custom fanfare from the last few years for me .
Yeah, me too. These flicks were fun even before they were subbed!