You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
LittleDragon

i'm interested too...!!...sounds great.....
LittleDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 AM   #22
venom10463

Count me in as well and I can also help with timing and authoring the DVDs.

I would love to see this film get the subtitle treatment:

Wolves, Pigs and Men

The IMDB says "A lonely gangster tries recruiting men to plunder a respected and powerful gang." What an understatement! This is master filmmaker Kinji Fukasaku's first true work of genius, and it stars three titans of Japanese genre cinema as three brothers who come into conflict over a bag of yakuza loot stolen during a daylight, very public robbery. Rentaro Mikuni is the elder brother, in hock to the mob and under their thumb as a wishy-washy club owner. The great Ken Takakura is the middle brother, a hoodlum who reunites with his brothers after their slum-living mother dies, anxious to make a fast buck. And Kinya Kitaoji is the youngest brother, leader of a youth gang who just wants some kicks but gets roped into his elder brother's scheme without realizing the consequences. Let's just say that things don't turn out well for the siblings in the end, leading to one of the most shattering conclusions ever put on film.

KFF Member Since: October 17, 2002

Last edited by venom10463; 01-08-2010 at 06:12 AM.
venom10463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:05 AM   #23
Yakuza954

I second that one, venom.

Also a V-cinema classic I talked about a while ago- http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/s...t=koji+yakusho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza954 View Post
Yeah, that reminds me of another Japanese 90's action film called Drug Connection. It stars Koji Yakusho (best Japanese actor right now?), Mr. Ninja himself, Sho Kosugi and Jimmy *bleeping* Wang Yu. If you look at the front cover closely enough, he's the one with the glasses.

Shame we'll never get to see most of these subbed.
Did I speak too soon? This one wouldn't be too hard since it's half in English. I can also supply the VHS for many of these that don't have DVD releases.
Yakuza954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
chanbara

Man, we really seem to all be on the same wave length here. I was just about to suggest "Drug Connection", Yakuza954. I also have the Japanese VHS pre-record of it.
chanbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #25
Tosh

Sign me up for this club if it happens
Old 01-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #26
HAZ
Administrator

Wow! This thread has picked up! It looks like there is definate interest. I will be meeting with the translator on Monday with the translator. I'll be giving them a copy of The Great Chase. We'll see how this goes. They won't be timing the subs, just giving me a script. The sub timings might be a little tedious, but I think it should be worth it.

Not familar with the Bronson Lee movie. Is there a DVD of it out there?

EDIT - Just met with the translator & gave her the DVD. I will let people know how the translation goes!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by HAZ; 01-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
HAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
KUNG FU BOB
Master

Location: Outside of Philly, PA, within the underground Temple of the Dragon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAZ View Post
Wow! This thread has picked up! It looks like there is definate interest. I will be meeting with the translator on Monday with the translator. I'll be giving them a copy of The Great Chase. We'll see how this goes. They won't be timing the subs, just giving me a script. The sub timings might be a little tedious, but I think it should be worth it.

Great to know it's moving along. Pretty exciting!

I agree with the above two choices too. Good calls guys!

Haz, BRONSON LEE; CHAMPION (aka. THE KARATE) is in the same vein as the STREETFIGHTER films, Grindhouse style cheese, and lots of ultra violent, bone snapping, blood spraying karate fights. It stars real life master Tadashi Yamashita, a guy that looks like he possessed or insane when he fights! This movie is a 70's action gem! Surprised you haven't seen it.

Yes there's a DVD of it- no subs.

There are also two equally actio-packed sequels. I think they may only be available as widescreen, subless VHS. I'm not sure.
KUNG FU BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
wigsplitta

Hell yeah! I'm liking the sound of things so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom10463 View Post
I would love to see this film get the subtitle treatment:
Wolves, Pigs and Men
Never heard of this film, but if the group gets together for real, then hopefully it'll get some cool subs in the not too distant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza954 View Post
Drug Connection. It stars Koji Yakusho (best Japanese actor right now?), Mr. Ninja himself, Sho Kosugi and Jimmy *bleeping* Wang Yu.
I've never seen this film, but i'd really like to. That has a great cast! it sounds even better that half the movie is already in English. Reduces the work needed a great deal.

Quote:
Not an official DVD, only a VHS rip, but it's pretty decent quality. Leave this one for me to do in my spare time. The only help I'll require is that I seem to remember there being a few ( 2 or 3) minutes of dialogue cut from the American print. Once I get there, I'll give pass on an audio sample to be translated, if that's ok?

Quote:
EDIT - Just met with the translator & gave her the DVD. I will let people know how the translation goes!!!
WICKED! Cheers HAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNG FU BOB View Post
There are also two equally action-packed sequels. I think they may only be available as widescreen, subless VHS. I'm not sure.
Yes, they are really cool movies, but they are only available as VHS rips. Full W/S but no English subs.
wigsplitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #29
HAZ
Administrator

I have Moeru Yusha unsbbed. Any interest in that one?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #30
KUNG FU BOB
Master

Location: Outside of Philly, PA, within the underground Temple of the Dragon Monkey

Quote:
I have Moeru Yusha unsbbed. Any interest in that one?
That one is okay Haz, but doesn't compare to the other titles we've been talking about, IMO.
KUNG FU BOB is offline   Reply With Quote